Fibrogastroduodenoscopy is an endoscopic method of examining the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum. The purpose of this method is to visually determine the pathology of the gastrointestinal tract, biopsy of the affected tissue and evaluate the effectiveness of treatment.
When performing fibrogastroduodenoscopy, special attention is paid to:
- anatomical structure of the studied organs;
- condition of mucous membranes and folds;
- the presence of reflux;
- areas of erosion and ulcers;
- the presence of polyps and tumors.
Many of us are tolerant of gastrointestinal problems, getting used to unpleasant symptoms. However, it is worth noting that many diseases really begin with minor ailments.
Indications for fibrogastroduodenoscopy:
- permanent heartburn;
- frequent vomiting;
- feeling of a lump in the throat;
- pain or discomfort in the stomach;
- insufficient motor function of the stomach.
What diseases are detected by fibrogastroduodenoscopy:
- peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum;
- polyps are formations that develop on the inner wall of the stomach;
- varicose veins of the esophagus;
- gastroesophageal reflux disease;
- stenosis of the esophagus;
- stomach cancer.
You should prepare for the procedure:
- A few days before the study, it is recommended to give up such foods as nuts, chocolate, alcohol, seeds, as well as any spicy food.
- The day before the fibrogastroduodenoscopy, you can only dine on easily digestible food no later than 18:00.
- In the morning before the study, you should not smoke or brush your teeth, and you should also exclude food, water, and medications.
- You must take a towel with you in order to avoid discomfort associated with salivation.
- Before the procedure, it is necessary to inform the doctor about existing chronic diseases, as well as about the presence of allergies to medications.
- No food is allowed for two hours after the study.
The study can be saved on a digital media for further comparison and consultation with a doctor.
Toksovskaya MB provides video gastroduodenoscopy services on a paid basis
You can perform the procedure in the Toksovo hospital
You can sign up
from Monday to Friday-from 09.00 to 18.00
Saturday-from 09.00 to 15.00 by phone
8 (81370) 56-138